Smart-QC AT A GLANCE: KEY MODULES
Smart-QC capabilities include some of the below modules / features / functionalities:
- Robust Long-term capacity planning: for both analysts and instruments, identify any gaps in resources to meet the upcoming demands
- Short Term planning: integrated with ERP (i.e., SAP) to receive the upcoming production volume and incorporate these demands as well as others as Stability, EM etc., with the current logged in samples and present the full aggregated view of the next few weeks backlog
- Automatic Scheduling: provides a platform to deliver daily/weekly schedule for analysts across the various laboratories vs. manual assignment that is being performed via LIMS
- Dashboard and KPI: over 15 various real time dashboard views and more than 50 reports for scheduling and 20 additional reports for planning are part of the Smart-QC platform
- Equipment Scheduling: a visual equipment calendar to outline various demands for equipment as PM, Calibration, Downtime, usage by analyst and more
- Cost of Quality (COQ): provides full Cost of Quality capabilities integrated with the planning module to calculate the cost per test, product, and overall allocation of various cost components
- Reagent Management Module: provides the user with a projection of reagent needs based on the short term forecast as well as reordering point and monitor the consumption based on actual performed tests
- Continuous Improvement: business processes aligned with Lean and Six Sigma are fully embedded with Smart-QC solution assisting Operation Excellence team in pursuing overall improvement in cycle time, on-time delivery, right first time and efficiency
- Simulation Tool: full simulation capability to help labs optimize their cycle time targets, campaigning strategy and overall efficiency
- Smart-QC Terminal: a module specifically built for IPC, Micro time sensitive tests that preparation for these tests are required before the sample is physically in the lab
- Alert Module: provides operational excellence team with an alert-center to focus the team on critical and at-risk assignments
- Overall Performance: Smart-QC has demonstrated a major improvement in areas such as service level (cycle time and on-time delivery), analysts/reviewers’ efficiency, visibility and transparency, and improve labs’ proactiveness leveraging the short/long term module.
- Training Tracking: a comprehensive training requirement for short / long term planning, training progress tracking and suggested road map to address methods that their resource requirements are increasing due to product volume and mix.
- Integration: Smart-QC currently provides the options to integrate with LIMS (i.e., Labware), ERP (i.e., SAP), LMS (i.e., Compliance wire), and QMS (i.e., TrackWise), Equipment Maintenance, HR. ALL integration points are one-way communication from a GxP system to a business tool and do not require validation. Assignment made by Smart-QC algorithm or manually assigned in Smart-QC can be sent to LIMS yet will require validation. Most Smart-QC actions as START/END, Get Release Projection add Delay, could be exposed as API for outside system such as SAP/LIMS as needed to perform these actions from another system as needed.